Monday, January 31, 2011

Internet Relationships

(I want to start this post by letting you know ahead of time that I apologize sincerely for my absence, although I am not going to say anything sincere in the following piece of literature. So with that understood, I will continue with things that someone might actually want to read. Thank you.)


      I never understood the "in a relationship, and it's complicated" relationship status, until I tried to diagnose the problems in my relationship with the internet, and realized that "in a relationship and it's complicated" is the only way to truly explain it. For the most part out relationship is just dandy. It is always there for me when I need it, it always cheers me up when I'm sad, has made me LOL as a strong exhale from the nose and LMAO is the form of falling out of my swivel chair and hyperventilating until I am so tired I just lie there with my laptop and let it sing me to sleep. It's a good relationship. It has helped me fall in love, I've been broken up with over the internet multiple times, and guess what. There was a cat video to make it all better.

      Of course, like any relationship, we've had out downs. Like when my parents forget to pay the bill and I can't see it for a week, and also when it get's all ticked at me and won't talk to me or even let me see my homepage when my router is being a slut. But, every time after it realizes that I'm sorry and I do really care, it is there with a mixtape it made just for me, and a bouquet of roses on sale for $12.00 on the shaded in links of Google.

     But really the real issues of out relationship is that I am horrible at commitments. Not commitments like being committed to one person for as long as they wish to remain the object of my affection, that comes naturally to me. Commitments like blogging are very difficult to me. I ran diagnostic repair on my brain, but it came up with an error message.

     It isn't that I don't have ideas, as a matter of fact for as long as I can remember, I have pretty much had conversations in my head that are about perfect models of your average blog. I have a BAJILLION things to say...I just forget them. It is kind of like "I should write this down" is some sort of taboo that makes my brain do an immediate memory wipe of all my short term memory, including everything from whatever class I was zoning out during at that time. I call it emergency reboot, but I believe in layman terms it is "brain fart."

     I told my self I would start vlogging, so I did okay for about a week, then one day I procrastinated, then I felt bad so I waited longer, and longer, and then it was just too late to make another video.... The same thing occurred with blogging, but I recalled one of my friends that enjoys indulging in my literary poop, so I decided to type this. You're welcome.

     So I have set a date for my next blog. It will be up by the day after this Saturday. I was going to say this Saturday, but just in case, I'm giving myself some wiggle room. Like Jello, I am putting a little wiggle room in my internet diet. That was lame.


     I am just now noticing that typing this on a sizzle-fried brain was a bad idea, by paragraphs most certainly are not meeting their length and intelligence quotas, and if you hadn't noticed, there has not been a single MS Paint masterpiece to attract your attention away from these letters, or the lack thereof. This is because my older human relative, John, has gone back to college in Boston, and has taken his netbook with the touchscreen, much easing the pain of creating a masterpiece of MS Painting. I am planning on getting, or borrowing a tablet as soon as possible to aid in the creative process. I will also make a whole post for random art with no real context or relation to anything.


      But for now, adios alligator. (Yeah that didn't work out quite how I hoped.)


*Lick* <3 Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment